About Five P
FIVE P VENTURE INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED was founded in 2013 by Mr.Devarajan and Mr.Sampath Kasirajan with an objective to protect, persevere and promote the heritage skills of the handloom weavers in Chennimalai, Tamil Nadu. Unlike many handloom projects that rely mostly on grants and subsidies to stay viable, both of them chose to adopt a model that is sustainable for Five P to continue its journey on its own economic legs.
Five P ‘s vision is to have its own integrated manufacturing facility providing the means for the artisans to turn their priceless wisdom and skills into engines of growth and prosperity. This economic revival is essential to achieve self-reliance and progress that is being planned for the artisans in the socio economic front. Five P through this initiative intends to give the artisans their rightful place in socio economic progress of the region they belong to and the nation as a whole.
Objective Of Five P
To Protect, Preserve, Promote our Textile Heritage for the Prosperity of our Posterity.
Five P’s Business
Five P incorporates and adopts existing manufacturing processes and tradition to produce exciting contemporary products for niche markets in the Fashion, Home textiles and Accessory segments.
What Differentiates Five P From Other Manufacturing Systems
- Five P adopts a philosophy that is nature friendly &non-exploitative.
- Five P adopts an economic format that makes its business sustainable. The economic reward is central to the idea of its first 3 Ps- Protect, Preserve and Promote. In other words for the first 3P to remain a sustainable proposition the last 2 Ps (Prosperity & Posterity) have to remain economically rewarding at any point in time in its life.
- The idea of Five P is not to be private and exclusive; it is rather to be public and inclusive. It is designed to support proliferation of its ideas across a larger audience that are passionate about their Heritage skills.
- Five P uses the principle of “complementing partnerships” instead of “competitive aggressions” to achieve economic growth and social progress for the community it serves.
- Five P’s wealth creation follows a format that returns a significant part of the value it generates back to the artisans via salary, dividend and market capitalization.
- Five P uses a 9×9 value creation framework to find the economic viability that the handloom industry needs to stay self-reliant.
- Five P will be a highly ESG – (Environmental, Social and Governance) compliant facility.
Five P, Finds the Economic Justification in Protecting, Preserving and Promoting Textile Traditions
Five P provides the environment and the economic justification for a community to PROTECT, PRESERVE AND PROMOTE its Heritage for the prosperity of its future generation. In other words, Five P enables a TEXTILE HERITAGE to stand on its own economic legs delivering economic outcomesthat are devoid of any financial skews & interventions. Our costing methodologies don’t include grants and subsidies. We find pure economic reasons and grounds to stay sustainable. Economic hand holding is good up to a point, but a total reliance on doles not only kills creativity and innovation but also dulls the survival instinct of people and community as a whole. At Five P there is a constant endeavor to find new values with help of a “9 Value Dimension” framework to create new customer experiences and satisfactions
Five P’s Business Principle Rests On 5 Key Factors
Self-reliant, nature friendly, non – exploitative, complementing in nature and built to last & disintegrate eventually. These five factors roughly sum up the philosophy of Five P.
- We may accept or even integrate any schemes that we may be entitled to, but they do not form a part of our profits/margins.
- Five P does not undertake any assignments that are harmful to nature and there is a zero tolerance in matters relating to use of chemicals, pesticides, water and GHG emissions. Wecannot say we have created value by leaving a trail of trash and devastations.
- Equitable distribution of wealth is built into our business financials as Five P compensates an artisan in terms of salary, dividend and market capitalization. ( when we go public eventually)
- Five P does not compete, it complements a business. In our view, competition is only a zero sum game you move money from one pocket to another with mindless focus on market shares. Our emphasis is on co creation of value and wealth for all in the eco-system. One positive cannot come at the destruction of another.
- We follow the principles that nature follows. The products we build last longer and are designed to disintegrate and return to nature.